The fun Club for non-pony owners
Our Pony Pals program is designed to give young people opportunities to have fun with horses without the need for pony ownership. It is also ideally suited to those considering becoming a pony owner.
The program teaches fundamental horse skills and awareness within a safe environment.
Pony Pals is suited to children aged from 5 years to 9 years who are interested to learn pony care.
**Pony Pals 2022 Term 2 program is full. Please feel welcome to email us at email@example.com and have your child’s details put on a waitlist.**
Pony Pals Program
Upon booking, participants will be given joining instructions and a list of what to bring. We accept “Get Started” Vouchers so be sure to apply.
**Bookings limited and subject to the availability of appropriate ponies and volunteers. Bookings are not guaranteed until your Term Payment has been received.
So what will you learn?
- General safety around horses
- Basic anatomy of horses
- Equine terminology and vocabulary
- Grooming basics
- Common health issues to look for
- Walking and leading horses
- Equipment for riding and training horses
- Tacking horses ready for a rider
- Nutrition and a balanced diet
- Pasture and paddock maintenance
- Basic riding skills
- Riding groups may be split into two or three to cater for different levels of riding experience as children progress
The Pony Pals Program runs every term for six week blocks at $300 per term, per participant.
- To enjoy the Pony Pals Program, each participant needs to be a SSPC Pony Pals Member at $110 annually.
- Plus one parent must join as an SSPC Social Member at $55 annually.
There are stacks of other benefits from an SSPC membership too, like:
- Social events such as BBQs, information nights & Xmas party
- Holiday camps & intensive holiday sessions
To enquire, please call email firstname.lastname@example.org