Spooky things are happening at SSPC this afternoon between 2-4pm. Be there if you dare! We have a costume parade, games and afternoon tea.
Our SSPC family came together today to organise, run and compete in our first Gymkhana open to fellow clubs in well over 5 years.
We are very grateful to;-
- our own SSPC members
- everyone who stepped up and contributed, many breaking new ground.
- those around us – the Pony Club members and local businesses that supported us on the day.
- those who visited us, friends from years past, local club members who weren’t even riding today.
- those who gave up their time to judge and steward for us.
We are proud of all riders competing today and thankful to all for coming – some from a fair distance away.
Our amazing community came together to celebrate with the Christmas party and Awards Night. Everyone had a fabulous time. We were spoiled with great food and wonderful company.
Thank you to the following who made it possible:
Well here we are. A minimum of 1.5m away from each other in the arena with only one other person allowed at a time. I think it’s safe to say that this unexpected development has throw a spanner in the works for you all and hampered some plans for the 2020 competition season. Whilst it’s pretty disappointing, there’s a silver lining in nearly ever scenario if you look closely enough. No competitions doesn’t mean your training plan has to go out the window! Never has there been a better time to work on you. How are you going with your fitness? Perhaps you have a specific area you want to work on like improving your core strength or keeping your hands still. Equine enthusiasts around the world are providing many free resources for you to utilise:
- US Equestrian is sharing work out classes online. Have a look at their Instagram account:
- Noelle Floyd are offering some free videos on all kinds of topics from recognisizing and riding the distance to every jump to becoming a more confidence rider. Check out their site here.
- For the Eventers among you, go check out Eventing Nation and watch your favourite eventer take on previous years of Badminton
And for those of you who weren’t planning to get out and about competing, what a glorious opportunity to get in some bonding with your pony. Some things you might like to do to keep yourself occupied might be:
- Give your pony a lovely bath
- Give your tack a thorough cleaning
- Clean out your grooming kit
- Hand walk your pony
- Get into the kitchen and make your pony some treats
Happy Riding Southsiders